Linda Ikeji - Nigerian Top Blogger Who Earns Millions Monthly from Blogging

By | 12:02 PM Leave a Comment

NAME+Linda Ikeji 
AGE MADE FIRST MILLION: Unknown
COUNTRY: Nigeria
BUSINESS SECTOR: Blogging 
BUSINESS DESCRIPTION: Gossip News, Celebrity News 
STARTUP CAPITAL: Her Laptop, Her Modem, Passion.
      
SUCCESS STORY: Entrepenueur Linda Ikeji, was born in 1980 in Imo State, Nigeria. She began to show interest in writing as early as 10 years old. She pursued her passion through the university to study Mass Communication. She began working at the age of 17 as a waitress and model to support her early university expenses Linda recalls, “I’d leave lectures, go to a hotel and sell beer from 1pm till 10pm. I did this for a few months. It wasn’t easy but I had to survive”.

Linda Ikeji - Nigerian Top Blogger Who Earns Millions Monthly from Blogging

After completing her degree at the university she launched....
her media company, Blackdove Communications, a modelling agency and events management outfit. She also started what she describes in her first ever blog post as her “true passion”, her magazine called, FM & B. The first issue was released in 2006 and after discovering how capital-intensive and time-consuming magazine publishing was, only two more editions made it to print.

Through blogging innovation, passion driven strategy, and controversial gossipy stuff she became Africa's most popular blogger. Using the free blogger platform lindaikeji.blogspot.com has become a household name in Nigeria and the diaspora. In the process she became one of the richest blogger in Africa. When asked on her road to success 7 years later, Linda said “You have to love blogging. You can’t say I want to blog because I want to make money. It takes a stepping stone to get there. There are over a thousand blogs, but what will make people enjoy visiting your blog depends on the efforts you put into it. So, be passionate about it, be consistent, don’t blog once or twice in a week, blog everyday if you can, enjoy it, and love it.” - from  +osas ogie blog

Linda acquired in 2013, an 8million Naira Infinity FX35, and posted this on her blog
"Posing with my two rides, the 2011 Infiniti FX 35 and my 2008 Toyota Camry. #Biggirlsthinz Hehe!

I put this up for two reasons:
Linda Ikeji Nigerian Blogger
1. To show off of course...why else? Lol
And 
2, to encourage other ladies out there to keep working hard and keep believing in themselves. You don't need any aristo to give you anything...any woman with will and drive can give herself anything she wants!

By this time two years ago, I didn't have much...but I never stopped believing in myself and I never stopped working hard. I can't even begin to count how many businesses I put my hands into before one paid off -Blogging! I told myself that I will make it in this life one day as my own woman and on my own terms, that no man will ever take away my dignity...and I did it. So can you! Yes, you! You have the power! And with God on your side, you are unstoppable!

BUSINESS GROWTH: She Makes her money primarily from Adverts, and deals displayed on her blog. We may be able to estimate that she earns over 2 Million Naira Monthly.

IMPROVEMENT AND SUGGESTION: I am of the opinion that her blog still need more work in terms of design, and I noticed you cannot share posts at a glance which will drive in more traffic, and She does not have a recommended or similar post widget installed which will help her readers last longer on the site.

LESSON TO LEARN: It takes passion, perseverance and the grace of God to succeed in any business. Passion kept Linda even when nothing was coming out of it in the beginning.

Are you one of those with great ideas and information for the World to hear?, Start a blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment